Zucchini Noodles with Basil Pesto
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 363
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 41g
Saturated Fat 7g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 26g
Total Carbohydrates 18g
Dietary Fiber 4g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
For the Noodles
- 4 large zucchinis
- 1 sweet onion
- 2 tbs olive oil
For the Pesto
- 2 tbs pinenuts, untoasted
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup parmesan, grated
- Using a spiralizer, make noodles out of the zucchini. Set on paper towels to soak up the excess water from the zucchini.
- Cut the ends off of the onion and then cut the onion in half. Thinly slice each half until you are left with thin strips of onion. (My spiralizer has a slicer attachment so I used that on the onion.)
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat 2 tbs of olive oil on medium until hot. Once heated, put the noodles and onions in the pan. Sauté noodles and onion until desired texture. I do 7 to 10 minutes just before they start to brown.
- While the noodles are sautéing, place all of the ingredients for the pesto in a food processor and turn on until smooth and creamy.
- Once the noodles are to your liking, place in a large bowl and toss with the pesto.
- Optional: garnish with fresh basil leaves and parmesan.
- A spiralizer and food processor are needed for this recipe.
Brittany Ray http://www.brittanyaray.com/