We took a trip to Santa Rosa Beach, Florida again this year for my birthday (September 25th-29th). We stayed in the same neighborhood this year but at a different house. This year we stayed in Joy Happens. Just look at that porch… amazing.
Speaking of the porch, I spent every morning out on it. I have become quite the morning person. I do not know when this happened but lately I have been waking up really early and even on vacation I couldn’t sleep in.
I am a creature of habit so when it came time to book a place for the trip I decided on Old Florida Village again. I have grown to love this little neighborhood.
Anna made me a delicious birthday cake! It was a homemade dark chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting. All I know is she said it had apple sauce and coffee in it but it was so good!
The house was just down the street from Gulf Place. They have a cute artist marketplace in the middle.
We rented bikes for the trip. These pictures were taken prior to Winston deciding to jump out. Let’s just say Winston is not a fan of riding in a basket …
Food Blogs I have recently found and can’t get enough of:
i am a food blog
Lady and Pups
Cookie + Kate
my name is yeh
I cannot wait to take Nicole’s Photo 101 class.
I love these photo albums. I have 4 of them so far…
Lately I have been getting my home decorating inspiration from Jennifer of Dear Lillie.
What have you been loving lately on the web?
Sunday I turned 27. Only 3 more years and I will be 30. I want to live more intentionally. To do so I am partaking in the 30 before 30 list. Anna got me thinking about making a list after she posted her 101 in 1001. For me 101 was way too much to come up with so I decided on just 30 things. I am not limiting myself to just 30 so I may be adding more later. I hope I look back at this list in 3 years and see a bunch of crossed of items and maybe even more things added to the list.
- Take a photography class
- Learn Spanish
- Learn calligraphy – I bought this kit now I need to make the time to learn.
- Take a cooking class
- Swim with dolphins
- Visit 5 United States National Parks
- Take at least one trip out of the country
- Take a trip solo
- Take a girls family vacation
- Visit 3 states I have never been to
- Visit a winery
- Read 30 books
- Read the Bible from cover to cover
- Go to a hockey game
- Cook my way through a cookbook – I am in the process of choosing the cookbook. Any suggestions?
- Plant a garden in my backyard
- Throw a dinner party
- Organize all of my photos (prints and digital)
- Create a gallery wall somewhere in my house
- Take my fitness and health seriously
- Find a physical activity/hobby that I love and get good at it
- Run/walk a half marathon
- Take 3 new fitness classes
- Complete one workout program
- Spend a day at a spa
- Volunteer for something that matters to me
- Finish organizing and decorating every room in my house
- Blog more
- Send more just because notes, because who doesn’t love mail
- Be content and happy
What are some things on your list? Or if you don’t have a list what is something you really want to accomplish or do in the next year?
Today I turn 27. I am spending it with great friends in one of my favorite places. I am sure I will have plenty of pictures to share when I get back.